With a new year right around the corner, it’s a good time to plan your pest control strategy. Preventative pest control treatments go a long way toward keeping rodents, insects, and other nuisances out of your home. However, here are a few pest control tips to round out your strategy for the coming year.
Five Tips to Attract Fewer Pests to Your Home
1. Check Your Storage Areas: When putting your holiday decorations away, take a moment to look at your other stored items. Do you have summer bedding, clothing, or other stored items in your garage or basement? Improperly stored items can provide a nesting area for pests. When your items are stored correctly in airtight containers, you can minimize the likelihood of an infestation.
2. Clean Trash Cans: Once the holiday season is over, you may find yourself throwing away uneaten treats and leftovers. Take a moment to check your indoor and outdoor trash cans. Are they sticky or covered in crumbs? You could be unknowingly leaving a smorgasbord for pests seeking a meal. Create a cleaning schedule for your trash cans for the coming year, and if you haven’t already, consider switching to an airtight receptacle.
3. Eliminate Clutter: The holiday season is spent sharing large meals with family and friends. Many families also exchange gifts and spend time shopping. It’s easy to end the season with more clutter than you realize. Clutter attracts spiders, rodents, and other household pests, so decluttering your space can prepare you for a pest-free new year.
4. Clean Your Yard: When your lawn and garden are messy, they are a draw to pests. Additionally, when shrubs and trees are directly in contact with your home, it makes it easier for pests to look for entry points into your home. Trim bushes, clean your yard, and keep your lawn tidy.
5. Inspect Windows and Doors: The seals on your windows and doors keep your home energy efficient, but they also help keep pests from slipping in unnoticed. It may be time to reseal all your entry points if they appear worn.
Call Anytime Pest Elimination Today!
Don’t let one or two missed pest control opportunities turn into an infestation. At Anytime Pest Elimination, our licensed and trained pest control experts can help you create a smart pest control strategy for your home this winter. Call us at (832) 662-2411 to schedule an appointment today!